Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks -->

Friday, March 22, 2013

Laroon - A Recipe for Intrigue

We had a plan. He would go below through the Annonay stone. I would go above, via the Ercana stone, only I would have a pellet in hand. I would light up the cave below, and he would see if anything would happen in the lower cavern. There had to be something worth seeing. This seemed too complex to result in nothing. Right? I hoped all our research wasn't in vain.

I stood silent, collecting my thoughts in Ercana. I was waiting for the signal. Pantaleon would signal me when he was in position. Then we would begin.

He signaled. I grabbed a pellet and linked through with it in tow. I called down to him. "Ready?"

"Go for it."

"Okay. Step back." I heard some shuffling from his footsteps. "Dropping in 3. 2. 1."

I dropped. The pellet fell. Light nearly blinded me. I held my breath, hoping I didn't just kill my friend.

A long moment passed, and then, "Woah...".

"What is it??"

"There are... woah there are so many of them!" He was clearly awestruck.

"So many what? What is it?!" I could hardly contain my curiosity.

"Bahroglyphs! I don't know what they are, but they are surely important. Let me write them down. One minute." I heard him undo his backpack and fish out a few things. Then he was silent.

"Laroon?"

"Yeah?"

"Uh... the light faded. The bahroglyphs aren't visible anymore. We have to be quick about this."

"Pictures?"

"Yeah. Can you go get another pellet?"

"Sure thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment