Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks -->

Friday, September 20, 2013

Mark Loren - A Night on the Town

Early morning.  My KI flashed with a brief pause before it flashed again. It continued repeatedly flashing until I finally decided to wake up and check my KI Mail.  It was a message from Hannah

Come to the Plaza.  

I grabbed my relto and before long found myself in D'ni.  Hannah was there of course talking to a small gathering of people around the map about her recent explorations.

"I've been spending a bit of time in Minkata," Hannah began.  It was easy to tell out of those who had gathered who had been to that age by the look on their face.  I had only traveled there once.  The three suns and arid conditions had not given me reason to return.

Hannah had started to send KI images to us.  I was astounded to see stars.  More than stars, but Galaxies and constellations; Hannah insisted that the pictures didn't compare to seeing them in person.

"You guys should come with me next time," Hanna insisted.  Uncomfortable laughter.  These KI shots were amazing, but I don't know that I could stand Minkata long enough to see such a sight.

"What'll you do when you get lonely.
You've been running and hiding much too long..."

Eric had begun to play his guitar.  Right on cue too.  The pressure to join an expedition to Minkata was releaved.

"You know it's just your foolish pride.
Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind."

Eric had launched into a full on performance.  It seems he's been working on his solos too.  I leaned back against the tent post and looked toward the D'ni ceiling.  Fire marbles and orange glowing algae kept the cavern lit, though always with a unique cycle.  Soon the algae would not be so bright.  Soon the cavern night would begin.

Pam arrived sporting a maintainer's suit with an assortment of other items to complete her ensemble.  She and Flora Kuldell had ambushed Torri Illan.  Their presence had garnered the attention of Artus Matloff  who had decided now was the time to enlist Steven Petersen as his wingman.  It wasn't going well.  Soon Artus, or Vinsce as he preferred in the cavern, would be coming to me for help.

To get away I decided to take a stroll around Ae'gura.  I walked down the great stair, walked past the memorial near Kahlo pub, and soon passed by Takotah II.  It looked worn and run-down.  Not too long ago a passerby explorer had exclaimed to everyone who would listen that a crazy person lived there, that they believed they had helped save the cavern from some great evil and somehow lost their friends during the whole ordeal.  Some people even had said that on some nights you can hear cries of sorrow from the building.

Of course, every explorer received a KI Mail from the Guild of Greeters a few months ago warning us not to go near this "Pantaleon."  Apparently he had been tied to the cave-ins that had occurred the previous year.  To be honest the whole story seems nothing more than a ghost story to ward people from going into Tokotah II.  From the looks of it you'd have to have death wish to go inside Tokotah II so since it appears as though it could collapse at any moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment