Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks -->

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Dalken Starbyne - On the Verge

I sit here in Relto, watching the lightning strike in the distance as I write this. I've always loved that lightning. Yeesha calls this 'the high place,' which I'll admit is rather apt, if nothing else, and it makes for a great view. And it's cozy and makes for a good home away from home, particularly when I don't want to be bothered.

Well, most of the time, anyway.

I'm looking through my notes again. I've been on this trail for a year now, and the more I investigate, the more I'm convinced it's of the utmost importance I get to the bottom of this. This isn't just some report for The Cavern Today anymore. What started as a brief trip to the Descent to check against Pantaleon's story has spiraled (pardon the pun) into something much deeper.

The appearance of the spiral in the Watcher's Pub all but confirmed what I already suspected. I've been talking to several explorers since I got back from my...excursion, but the correlation with the journals I've found is too consistent to dismiss as coincidence. While I still need to interview those explorers from Pahratehs and check against the facts, I feel like I'm on the verge of a major breakthrough.

Of course, it's still possible that this is all an elaborate ruse. It wouldn't exactly be the first time it's happened around here. And that's part of why I've been playing this close to the chest so far. The last thing we need is a bunch of explorers getting all worked up over nothing. The last time that happened, we had a real emergency not long after, and someone died. I'm not going to let that happen if I can help it.

Still, now that I know the Bahro are involved...I'm pretty sure I'm on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment