Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks -->

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Some time on the surface


I've missed home.  It always feels good to come back and now I'm back for the holidays - filled with a mix of emotions.  I woke up this morning with a job to do.  After 16 and a half years the time has come to put our family dog down.  Having just got back from the vet I can say that while I will always miss her I think we made the right decision.

Too often I have seen our animals suffer from old age and I have said farewell to many pets.  Sassy had a hard life but we tried to give her the best home we could.  I feel we gave her a well deserved rest after her journey.  Mother told me a week ago this would be happening but I asked that she would wait until I arrived home.  I'm glad I was able to be there.  Dearest Sassafras, rest in peace.

2 comments:

  1. Esto, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. RIP Sassafrass...totally know how it is. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esto, you write very calmly about this incident. I had to put my dog down about six months ago and it was the most horrifying experience I've ever had. Jokes are not in order, but I wish I could have flown with Sobaka (my dog) out to see Skipirate for what had to be done--it would have seemed more natural and humane!

    I am truly sorry for your loss. I expect that underneath your well-written exterior you felt much as I did as you held your dog for the last time and knew that it was you and family making a decision you did not want to make. There are truly no words for that sort of moment.

    ReplyDelete